This winter weather has my skin in a funk. It’s been dry, flaky and has been breaking out A TON. I needed to detox my skin with a face mask so I decided to throw together my own!
Today, I’m sharing a natural DIY Spirulina Face Mask recipe with you – great for your skin and awesome for relaxation! ; )
You may have heard about adding spirulina powder to smoothies to give it a nutritious boost, (and you may even do this already) but have you ever thought about putting spirulina on your face? Here are a few reasons why you should consider this super food powder as a part of your beauty routine:
- Spirulina is a great source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, which are vital to skin health. This can help with aging and sun damage.
- Spirulina is a great source of chlorophyll and chlorophyll is known to strengthen skin tissue.
- Spirulina is antibacterial – say goodbye, acne!
- Spirulina helps your skin to retain moisture!
- Spirulina powder can help smooth and exfoliate your face.
Now get ready to mix this up and relax for a few. Here’s how to make a Spirulina Face Mask:
- 1 tsp. spirulina powder
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- 2 tsp. water
Mix ingredients together in a small bowl.
Once smooth, apply to clean skin and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off skin and pat dry.
That’s it! It’s simple to make and very relaxing to use. Enjoy!